Arts & Humanities
The College of Arts and Humanities provides an expanse of opportunities
for students to explore their talents as musicians, visual artists,
designers, writers, historians and philosophers.
across three campus buildings, the College of Arts and Humanities offers
state-of-the-art facilities where students can dazzle audiences with
their theatrical, dance and musical performances. Students can
challenge themselves and their classmates through studies of great thinkers and writers.
- A 680-seat capacity auditorium
- The Monsanto Gallery
- An art studio building, featuring spaces for designers, painters, photographers potters and sculptors
- Studio classrooms for ceramics, drawing and sculpture
- A Mac Lab for graphic designers and digital artists
- Student-driven radio and television stations
- Theatrical spaces including a Green Room and Scene Shop
- Technology-infused lecture halls, recital halls, music practice rooms, and more
Did you know?
has numerous student organizations and honor societies for
students in each department of the College of Arts and Humanities.
requires its Spanish majors to spend at least six weeks abroad in an
approved program of study.
- Students in all majors can spend a semester
studying at Lander's sister campus in Great Britain.
College of Arts and Humanities regularly sponsors study tours to
cultural centers like New York, London, Rome, Paris and Amsterdam.
students are encouraged to participate in Lander's musical groups, such
as the Jazz, Brass, Percussion or Woodwind ensembles, as well as the University
Singers and the Old Main Singers.