Learning beyond the classroom
Your art education at Lander is likely to take you beyond the walls of our art classrooms and studios - and sometimes as far beyond as New York, Italy, Greece and England. You can:
- Spend a semester abroad studying art through an exchange program with the University College, Northampton, or the University of Winchester.
- Get involved with Lander's Art Alliance or the National Art Education Association.
- View the works of artistic masters firsthand with visits to arts and cultural centers in the U.S. and abroad.
- Take part in juried student shows.
- Combine classroom instruction with internships at museums, galleries, printing and advertising agencies, and other businesses related to visual arts.
Awards are granted annually to outstanding university students from all disciplines during a ceremony each spring.
The following are award is presented by the university's Department of Visual Art:
- Art Discipline Award
Given annually by the visual arts faculty to the most outstanding major in art. The recipient must exhibit high academic achievement, leadership and promise in the field of art education, graphic design, art history or any of the studio disciplines.
Life after Lander
No doubt you've heard the old cliché of the "starving artist," but in reality, artists have many opportunities for success in today's culturally diverse world. Our art graduates have gone on to become art directors for the media, corporations, retail stores and colleges. One, for example, has opened his own ad agency; another has displayed original paintings throughout the Southeast and has been featured in Southern Living magazine. Still others have found their calling as art teachers in schools throughout the state and country. More information on career opportunities.
Study Abroad Opportunities:
For detailed information on Lander's study abroad opportunities visit the following pages: